The Sanitary District Board ordinarily meets at 7:00 pm on the second or third Tuesday of the month, at our offices located at 2710 Curtiss Street, in Downers Grove, Illinois. Interested public are welcome to attend the meetings. An opportunity for public expression is included at each meeting.
The Board of Local Improvements meets as needed to accommodate sewer service applications, typically 15 or 30 minutes before the Board of Trustees meeting. For those meetings that are rescheduled for a different time than the regularly scheduled times mentioned above, the agenda for that specific meeting (available below in Adobe PDF format) will state the rescheduled time at which the meeting is expected to take place.
Individuals requesting accommodations for special needs in order to participate in public meetings should contact W. Clay Campbell, Administrative Services Director, at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the meeting, at (630) 969-0664.
Public comment at these meetings is welcome. Public comment rules can be found below.
Public Comment Rules
RULES FOR PUBLIC COMMENT DURING BOARD MEETINGS
Subject to the following rules, members of the public shall be afforded time, during regular and special meetings open to the public, to provide comments to the Board of Trustees or the Board of Local Improvements (referred to collectively below as "Board"):
1) Individuals shall address the Board during the Public Comment segment listed on the Agenda.
2) Comments shall be confined to topics or activities which fall within the statutory authority of the Board.
3) Each individualís remarks shall not exceed five (5) minutes in length, unless extended by special permission of the President of the Board.
4) It is requested that, if possible, one spokesperson for a group be appointed to represent the views of the entire group. In this case, the group's collective remarks, as presented by the spokesperson, shall not exceed fifteen (15) minutes in length, unless extended by special permission of the President of the Board.
5) The total time provided for all remarks during the Public Comment segment shall not exceed thirty (30) minutes in length, unless extended by special permission of the President of the Board.
6) Speakers are requested to state their name and, if speaking on behalf of a group, state the nature of the group they are representing.